Bee Wild Bee Kit + Virtual Expedition
- One scientifically designed BEE NEST that is weather-proof & predator-proof
- A Cleaning Kit available here but not in stores; A must for healthy bees
- Stickers to seal filled cavities to protect bees from predators
- A Nest Log to track when your nest cavities fill up
- A Visual Glossary of some bee species you'll see in your garden
- Tips & Support for setting up your native pollinator garden
- Meet the Bees Virtual Expedition: A 30-min. engaging, interactive exploration of some of North America's cavity nesting bees. Observe bees in their habitats & learn how conservation scientists are working to protect them. Ask questions; Make observations & inferences. Price includes group participation of up to 10 participants. If you have more than 10 participants, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Help gentle, docile solitary bees with this bee nest to counter habitat loss and available nesting sites. Nest is scientifically designed to provide safe nesting sites and increase their declining populations.
Approved by the Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation
Constructed and tested to be attractive and useful, our pollen bee nests are specifically designed to safely harbour gentle pollen bees– like mason bees and other native bees– during the most important phase of their life cycle. Built with longevity in mind, our nests are fully assembled and ready to use. The proprietary volcanic rock filler keeps the nest dry and helps protect the bees from common predators.
Solitary pollen bees will not sting! These native bees are non-aggressive and tend to retreat if disturbed. Bringing these essential pollinators to your garden is safe and natural, an easy way to protect the environment and sustain your garden plants at the same time. Wild bees have sustained huge population losses over the last few years and you can help reverse the damage.
No amount of water or fertilizer will result in a lush garden unless solitary native bees (pollen bees, like the mason bee) are there to pollinate your flowers and vegetables. Help the bees, devastated by disease and habitat loss, by giving them a safe home and you'll reap the reward of a lush and healthy garden while making a truly positive difference in your local ecosystem.
Follow the tips and supporting resources to create a pollinator garden to provide adequate nutrition for bees, Your garden will be enhanced by these efficient pollinators.
Made in Canada.